Official document

Official Documents

You can never over-prepare for your move to Canada; all the work you’ve put in beforehand will make it much easier to settle into your new home. However, certain documents that you’ll need can only be obtained after you have landed, and upon arrival, you’ll still have a few essential items to get checked off your to-do list.

  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Personal Health Care Card
  • Driver’s License
  • Passport

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Immediately upon arriving in Canada, the first official document you should apply for is your SIN. It doesn’t cost anything, but it is a must-have before you can work, get paid, or receive any government benefits. Everyone over the age of 12 should have a SIN, and our agents can help guide you through the application process.

Personal Health Care Card

Access to universal health care is a pillar of life in Canada. However, before you can benefit from free public health coverage, you first need to obtain a Personal Health Care Card. Each province is responsible for its health care program, and waiting periods and eligibility conditions will vary. We can help you obtain your provincial Care Card and, in the meantime, may be able to assist with temporary health insurance.

Driver’s License

While most major Canadian cities are regarded internationally for their robust public transit systems, cars remain the most popular means of transport. Driver’s licenses are issued through your province or territory. Residents of certain countries may be able to transfer an existing license; other times, you may need to take lessons and pass a driving test. We can help you navigate the process of getting your driver’s license in Canada.


Once you officially become a Canadian citizen (congratulations!), you will need a Canadian passport to fly to Canada, even if you retain dual citizenship with another country. Our team can help you gather the necessary documents and complete your official Canadian passport application.

We will work with you to get started and have all your official documents ready!